“Surgery is always second best if you can do something Else, It’s better.”
Dr. John Kirktin (A Heart Surgeon) Mayo Clinic, USA
WHAT IS EECP TREATMENT?
It is less costly than Bypass Surgery or Stent.
It is completely non-Surgical Treatment without any pain.
Approved for medical Use By world’s well-known organization.
No Side Effects.
Patient feels more energetic & alive after every Session.
How EECP Treatment Works?
EECP Treatment pumps blood from the legs upward to the heart, while the heart is at total rest. It improves Blood Circulation throughout the body and helps encourage Angiogenesis.
Patients can be treated with EECP Treatment in following diseases.
- Angina Pectoris
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Peripheral artery disease
- Leg pain
- Renal Failure
- Shortness of Breath
- Poor Circulation
- Sports Enhancement
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Quality of Life
- Exercise Duration and Increased Stamina
Benefits of EECP Treatment.
Patients can experience below benefits after 35 to 38 hours Treatment,
- Increases collateral circulation
- Creates new micro blood vessels
- Stimulates natural bypass
- Grows new arteries
- Reduces arterial stiffness
- Improves organ dysfunction
- Improves blood flow to the brain
- Strengthens cardiovascular system
- Increases lymphatic circulation
- Reverses effects of heart disease
- Increases nitric oxide
- Improves longevity
- Stimulates anti-aging effects
- Regenerates organs and tissue
- Decreases anxiety and depression
EECP is a regenerative Treatment.
Effect of EECP Treatment on plasma nitric oxide and endothelin-1 levels.
Saaral’s EECP Treatment circulates Blood from Head To Toe and helps treating numerous Diseases,
How is EECP treatment beneficial for you?
- Increases energy.
- Gives the ability to walk long distances without feeling pain in the chest.
- Decrease in chest pain (angina pectoris).
- Improvement from the risk of heart failure.
- The patient does not need to stay in a hospital or go through surgery thus making it a cost-effective treatment.
- Reduces high blood pressure or hypertension.
- Simple and safe treatment.
- Provides relief from unstable angina.
- The effect of EECP can last up to two years.
- Helps in effectively treating heart blockages.
- Increases the flow of blood.
- Does not interferes with the routine life of the patient.
- Helps in building endurance and stamina.
- Helps to exercise for a longer period.
- Lets the patient enjoy a restful sleep.
Who should receive EECP therapy?
If you are still looking for further treatment after previously suffering from Angina, the EECP therapy is best for you. This type of treatment is your go-to option if you want to avoid surgery but also want to receive the best cure.
The following points will give a clear picture of the eligibility criteria for EECP treatment
- Patients who do not fulfill the conditions needed for intrusive procedures like surgery.
- People who are prone to risk due to their co-morbid conditions.
- Patients who experience resurrected symptoms after an intrusive surgery such as stenting, angioplasty, or bypass surgery.
- People who cannot be operated on through surgery as it puts them at significant risks such as postoperative failure or operative complications.
- Those who experience incessant pain or chest pressure that alters with physical exertion or stress.
- Patients whose coronary architecture makes it difficult to operate on them.
Why is EECP treatment better than bypass surgery?
The EECP treatment is recommended as a safe and ‘natural bypass’ method to increase the collateral flow of blood in our body. Furthermore, the angina frequency reduces slightly and improved life quality is accomplished through a sustainable exercise duration.
The EECP therapy, a non-surgical and cost-effective form of therapy is approved by the FDA and does not require any hospitalization. This form of treatment is also quite beneficial in conditions such as heart failure, hypertension, coronary artery blockage, and chest pain.
As per recent studies, EECP therapy has shown more promising results than angioplasty. It may be a good option for patients who have already had angioplasty but have not seen any improvement.
People who undergo EECP treatment will experience considerable improvement in their exercise time and quality of life.
How effective is EECP therapy?
As per various research and studies, EECP has proven to be quite effective to treat chronic stable angina. A trial shows that 64% of patients had no problem at the five-year follow-up, and 88% of them had positive outcomes. It also showed significant improvement in angina symptoms and exercise tolerance in people suffering from CAD.
According to a study, the improvement in symptoms following EECP therapy can last up to 5 years. The mechanism behind EECP therapy's alleged continuous benefits still remains unknown.
How does EECP treatment works?
During this type of treatment, pressure is given to the blood vessels present in your lower limbs. The pressure increases the flow of blood due to which your heart functions better. You experience a reduction in your symptoms as the heart functions more efficiently.
This kind of treatment also widens existing blood vessels so that more blood reaches your heart. Angina symptoms can be reduced by developing "natural bypass” vessels if your coronary arteries are restricted or blocked.
Cost of EECP therapy in India
If you are looking for a cost-effective treatment method other than angioplasty, then Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP) is your best option. The cost of angioplasty is quite high in our country - around 1.2 to 1.6 lakh INR. Comparatively, EECP will cost you somewhere around 90,000 to 1,40,000 lakh INR. Patients can choose a center for this treatment as per their requirements and budget and you can say that Saraal is one of the most affordable ones in the country.
The average cost of EECP in metropolitan cities such as Mumbai and Delhi is approximately 95,000 INR which is quite affordable for most people. Today's technological advances have made this type of therapy more effective and results-driven, making more patients feel satisfied and gruntled after leaving EECP centers.
This proves that although the cost of angioplasty is more, EECP gives more promising results. This non-invasive and result-oriented form of treatment totally justifies its price saving the lives of so many people naturally.
In what conditions can Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP) play an important role?
The following are the conditions in which this type of treatment can be recommended:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome with Cardiogenic Shock
- Non-cardiac Conditions
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Peripheral artery disease
- Left ventricular dysfunction
- Chest Pain
- Kidney Failure
- Lung disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Heart failure
- Cardiac syndrome
What happens before the treatment?
The patient goes through an exercise test and physical exam before proceeding with the treatment. The entire procedure and the equipment to be used will be disclosed to you. Following are the things that you will go through before the EECP treatment:
- You will be asked to wear special treatment pants and empty your bladder.
- Your chest will be patched with three electrocardiogram patches, and your legs and buttocks will have inflatable cuffs around them. The cuffs will be attached to air hoses.
- To get the best results, you are given a finger to check blood oxygen and pressure levels.
What happens during the treatment?
During the therapy, you take a nap or lie back on a soft surface as air is filled inside the cuffs that are put around your lower extremities. After reaching full treatment pressure, you will feel the cuffs tighten around your legs and bottom.
Your heartbeat is timed with the EKH monitor and the inflation and deflation of the pressure of your blood. As soon as your heart stops beating, the cuffs expand which increases the flow of blood to the arteries that carry blood to the heart. It swiftly deflates after that making it much easier for your heart to start pumping blood once again.
The EECP therapy must not make you feel uncomfortable after you get used to the feeling.
WWhat happens after the treatment?
Pressure is given on the blood vessels present in your lower limbs. Your heart starts functioning better since the increased pressure makes the blood flow back to the heart. You will feel a reduction in your symptoms since your heart will start working properly.
How many times can you get EECP therapy?
Since EECP treatment belongs to the category of outpatient therapy, it is done for an hour, five times a week for a total of seven weeks. If the symptoms persist in your body, you may be asked to repeat the treatment by your doctor. Initially, you are given a session for 60 minutes, then a break is given followed by another session. Approximately 20% of people are asked to repeat the therapy. If needed, this type of treatment can also be done twice daily for three and a half weeks.
When can you resume your normal life?
You can start living your daily routine life right after the treatment. You should inform your healthcare provider if you experience any side effects. Treatment is not followed by hospitalization.
Reduction in angina symptoms and improvement in the flow of blood are some common results that you will experience after following this treatment for many years.